Fugro is now an Associated Partner of the European Marine Observation and Data Network (EMODnet), a long term EU initiative to make diverse sources of marine data freely and uniformly available to all.
BRIMM Mining Education
IWiM hosts successful inaugural International Day of Women in Mining
- Paving the Way to a Sustainable, Diverse and Inclusive Industry
IWiM Founder and Director, Barbara Dischinger, commented that, “It was amazing to see the industry come together in celebration of the achievements to date, and to build a community which will enhance practices and activities collectively. This campaign is an opportunity for individuals, companies and organisations to collaborate and work on progressive initiatives that address the current requirements for more and better diversity, equity and inclusion in the industry. We are looking forward to the campaign continuing its work throughout the year.”
The campaign was launched during a 2-hour virtual event on 15 June 2022 and was attended by over 1,000 participants from across the globe. Among participants were mining professionals from mining companies, suppliers and industry associations, academia and students in the area, as well as governments, unions, and civil society representatives.
The event programme included inspiring keynotes from industry experts, interactive polls, competitions and actionable projects for the industry to get involved. Relevant first-time announcements made during IDWIM included:
- Keynote speaker Rohitesh Dhawan, ICMM CEO believes that “unless we walk the walk...the outcomes will not change substantially,” and announced for first time in a public forum “about the steps being taken to improve the outcomes of diversity, equity and inclusion, which is a critical challenge for us an industry to address.” This includes an update to ICMM’s Mining Principles, which reinforces the integral role of DEI to sustainable development, the actions needed to eliminate all forms of harassment and unfair discrimination from our workplaces, proactive steps to achieve gender equality and the unincumbered participation of all peoples, and cementing the importance of psychological safety alongside physical health and safety in our efforts to achieve zero harm.
- IWiM launched a new webpage called “Respect at Work.” This initiative is a resource for survivors to anonymously share their stories of discrimination, bullying, racism, harassment and all forms of gender-based violence. IWiM believes this resource serves to raise awareness for everyone who works in the industry, regardless of their gender and how they self-identify.
- IDWIM sponsor Covergalls Workwear launched their new maternity wear line during the IDWIM celebration. Their maternity cargo pants and work shirts are specially designed for every pregnancy stage, while also being high visibility and flame resistant.
The campaign launch, celebrated under the theme #CelebrateWIM #CelebrateHer, saw women in mining (WIM) organisations, mining companies, industry organisations and individual women host an array of celebrations virtually and in-person to commemorate the day across the world.
The campaign is endorsed by World Gold Council, Albemarle Corporation, Hatch, Covergalls Workwear, BRIMM Mining Education (Bradshaw Research Institute for Minerals and Mining), from the University of British Columbia, and among others.
During the celebrations for the IRO’s 50th anniversary on 23 June 2022, Mark Heine was presented as the new Chair of the IRO.
The IRO is the independent non-profit organisation for Dutch suppliers for the offshore energy industry. Mark took over from the previous Chair, Pieter van Oord, the CEO of marine contractor Van Oord.
More Illumination per Watt - Continental to offer NightViu premium Lighting for the off-highway Sector
- Product range expansion to include premium work lights for commercial and special vehicles – and especially for the construction industry
- Exceptionally high lighting efficiency: more lumens, but with the same power consumption as conventional light
- Uniform illumination improves visibility and casts no shadows
Moranbah-based Mining Supervisor, Nicole Shibasaki was tonight announced as the Exceptional Indigenous Person in Queensland Resources at the Queensland Resources Council (QRC) Indigenous Awards gala in Brisbane.
Skilled professionals in our geotechnical, tunnelling, mining and raw materials sectors make an important contribution to sustainable and fair living conditions....
In the Brenner Base Tunnel, the innovative DT923i tunnel drill rig from In the Brenner Base Tunnel, the innovative DT923i tunnel drill rig from Sandvik is in use for the first time in Central Europe...
Optimisation of Salt Production at Heilbronn Mine using a Combination Approach to conventional Mining and mechanical Cutting
Heilbronn mine has been producing rock salt for many years using both conventional mining and mechanical cutting, the two methods being operated independently of each other. With the rearrangement o...
12.12.2023 - 13.12.2023
14.12.2023 - 15.12.2023
14.12.2023 - 15.12.2023
GEOTEC HANOI 2023 – The 5th International Conference on Geotechnics for Sustainable Infrastructure Development
18.12.2023 - 19.12.2023
World’s longest Railway Tunnel Project – supported by innovative Conveyor Digitalisation and reliable Engineering
17. October 2022 (2003 Clicks)
The consortium BTC Brennero Tunnel Construction and the Hosch Group jointly delivered on a world-class tunnelling project by combining excellent engineering with the innovative remote monitoring system Hoschiris Discover.
02. April 2019 (13356 Clicks)
Das Buch 6 der Reihe „Dokumentation der technischen Entwicklung bei der RAG“ stellt die Entwicklung der Management- und Bildungssysteme für technische Prozesse, also z.B. zur Effizienzsteigerung, zum Arbeits-, Gesundheits- und Umweltschutz sowie zur Ausbildung und beruflichen Fortbildung, bei der RAG dar.
27.11.2023 (562 Clicks)
22.11.2023 (165 Clicks)
24.11.2023 (149 Clicks)