Glencore’s decision to withdraw from plans to develop a $2 billion coal project south-west of Emerald is a sign of things to come in the wake of the Palaszczuk Government’s decision to impose excessive new royalty taxes on coal producers, the Queensland Resources Council said today.
- Enerpoly's seed round raised USD 1.5 million.
- These funds finance upcoming pilot projects that demonstrate the zinc-ion battery technology.
- Investors hail from the financial and industrial sectors in Sweden and the USA and include tech-savvy investors, Fredrik Sidhagen and Johan Nord, as well as bankers, Eirik Winter, Malin Engman and André Rhodin
Chairman Malcolm Broomhead today announced the retirement of Non-Executive Directors, Ms Maxine Brenner and Mr Boon Swan Foo from the Board of Directors of Orica Limited, effective at the completion of the 2022 Annual General Meeting on 14 December 2022.
Amaroq Minerals Ltd.
Amaroq expands Valley Block and records highest ever Drill Grade during the 2022 Exploration Programme
Amaroq expands Valley Block and records highest ever Drill Grade during the 2022 Exploration Programme (Credits: Amaroq)
Amaroq Minerals Ltd. (AIM, TSXV, NASDAQ First North: AMRQ), an independent mine development corporation with a substantial land package of gold and strategic mineral assets covering an area of 7,866.85 km2 in Southern Greenland, provides the results of its 2022 exploration programme at Nalunaq.
- Completion of 46 diamond core drillholes, on time and on budget, at Nalunaq. The holes infilled and extended the Valley Block, hitting the Main Vein in 42 holes, a success rate of 92% confirming the targeting ability of the Corporation's geological model
- Main Vein intersections grading up to 116 g/t Au over 0.62m, the highest grade intersection drilled by the Corporation
- Surface channel samples taken near existing underground infrastructure in the Mountain Block confirm thick, high-grade intersections of up to 98.6 g/t Au
- Results indicate Valley Block has the potential to be as large as the Target Block which produced ~250 koz gold historically
- Results illustrate that the Mountain Block may provide the lowest cost access to mineralisation through subsequent mine development
- Significant progress made in defining and sampling a series of hanging wall veins both in the Valley and Mountain Blocks with grades received of up to 10.8 g/t Au in these newly identified veins
- The main component of the 2023 exploration programme will be a large bulk sample, as a key step towards a maiden Mineral Reserve estimate. This programme has the potential to clearly demonstrate the revenue potential of the resource and be the first step toward full production
Eldur Olafsson, CEO of Amaroq, commented: "Expanding the footprint of the Valley Block up to twice the size, with even higher grades sampled (116g/t Au) makes for exciting times at Amaroq Minerals. The 2022 Nalunaq exploration results, the most successful drilling campaign to date, build further on our understanding of the Valley Block. The results also provide additional evidence for the mining potential in Mountain Block. Significantly, the Corporation has two potential near term production areas ahead of commencing the 2023 Bulk Sample."
Ståle Röd has been appointed Executive Vice President at Skanska Group. Ståle will step into his new position and join Skanska's Group Leadership Team on January 1, 2023.
Skilled professionals in our geotechnical, tunnelling, mining and raw materials sectors make an important contribution to sustainable and fair living conditions....
Wired rock-pressure measuring systems are not rated as suitable for the long-term monitoring of abandoned salt mines as they are expensive, technically complex and lacking in functional reliability....
GeoResources Journal 2-2023 is dedicated to the main topic areas of mining, tunnelling, geotechnics and energy, as well as the special topic: Focus on raw material security and supply chain....
28.11.2023 - 30.11.2023
12.12.2023 - 13.12.2023
14.12.2023 - 15.12.2023
14.12.2023 - 15.12.2023
World’s longest Railway Tunnel Project – supported by innovative Conveyor Digitalisation and reliable Engineering
17. October 2022 (1955 Clicks)
The consortium BTC Brennero Tunnel Construction and the Hosch Group jointly delivered on a world-class tunnelling project by combining excellent engineering with the innovative remote monitoring system Hoschiris Discover.
27. December 2018 (12950 Clicks)
Das Buch 4 der Buchreihe „Dokumentation der technischen Entwicklung bei der RAG“ zeigt die Entwicklungen der vergangenen fünf Jahrzehnte im Bereich Logistik der RAG. Die Logistik unter Tage wurde durch die flächige Entwicklung des Steinkohlenbergbaus, z.B. durch Anschluss- oder Verbundbergwerke, und die Zunahme der Gewinnungsteufe vor erhebliche Herausforderungen gestellt.
27.11.2023 (237 Clicks)
01.11.2023 (164 Clicks)