Implenia Construction GmbH
Implenia wins contract for Lot 3 of Line C of the Toulouse Metro
Implenia wins contract for Lot 3 of Line C of the Toulouse Metro - 3D visualisation of the tunnel model for Lot 3 of Line C of the Toulouse Metro(credits: Implenia)
- Joint venture consisting of Implenia and Demathieu Bard Construction wins large and complex tunnelling project
- Lot 3 of future Line C of the Toulouse Metro in France
- Order volume of around EUR 166 million for Implenia
A joint venture (JV) consisting of Implenia (50%) and Demathieu Bard Construction (50%) has been awarded the contract for Lot 3 of future Line C of the Toulouse Metro by Tisséo, the public transport authority for Greater Toulouse. Line C is scheduled to run from Colomiers to Labège from the end of 2028. The project will last 57 months and has a total budget of EUR 331.4 million. Implenia’s share of the contract is worth approximately EUR 166 million.
Lot 3 includes drilling 3,814 m of tunnel beneath a densely populated urban area, as well as civil engineering work for the construction of four underground stations at a depth of 24 to 39 m, plus three ancillary structures. The joint venture has proposed using the “Variable Density Conveyor” method, an innovative tunnelling solution that will help cope with the challenges presented by different soil conditions. BIM (Building Information Modeling) is being used for planning and executing the project.
The joint venture’s bid placed particular emphasis on sustainability: the use of fibre-reinforced concrete tubbings will keep the CO2 footprint of the project as low as possible, while the trees on the site will be protected and preserved throughout the entire construction period. In addition, 98% of the excavated material will be recycled.
Christian Späth, Head Division Civil Engineering at Implenia, is excited about the project: “Alongside the lots of the Grand Paris Express and TELT (Lyon-Turin), this is another large and complex infrastructure project for our team in France. It fits our strategy and is an ideal opportunity for us to contribute our many years of experience and our comprehensive expertise in tunnelling and associated civil engineering disciplines.”
Cimic Group company Leighton Asia has been selected by the NLEX Corporation to design and construct the third bridge of the Candaba Viaduct in the north of Manila, Philippines.
- Liebherr showcases over 30 exhibits from seven product segments and various solutions from its high-quality portfolio
- Efficiency, digitalization & service as well as product responsibility: how Liebherr aims to meet individual customer needs on every construction site
- Liebherr construction machines on the outdoor grounds at booth #F9253, Liebherr components at booth #S80821 in the South Hall
- Natural disasters responsible for high losses across the world
- Provisional estimates for overall losses approximately US$ 270bn, less than in extremely costly 2021
- Insured losses of around US$ 120bn similar to last year – again exceeding the US$ 100bn mark
- Hurricane Ian was by far the costliest natural disaster in 2022: roughly US$ 100bn in losses, of which some US$ 60bn was insured
- Devastating floods in parts of Asia and Australia, exacerbated by La Niña and climate change
Parsons Corporation announced that the company was appointed as a delivery partner for THE LINE, the centerpiece project for NEOM – the ‘land of the future’ being developed in northwest Saudi Arabia. Envisaged as a model for future sustainable urban living, THE LINE is being designed to have no cars, no roads, no carbon emissions, and to operate on 100% clean energy.
Optimisation of Salt Production at Heilbronn Mine using a Combination Approach to conventional Mining and mechanical Cutting
Heilbronn mine has been producing rock salt for many years using both conventional mining and mechanical cutting, the two methods being operated independently of each other. With the rearrangement o...
Increased recycling of critical metals such as tungsten can make raw material supplies more secure and sustainable worldwide. To achieve this, closed value cycles should be established. Achieving th...
Innovative fully hydraulic Formwork Carriage with Caterpillar Drive for the Approach Tunnel to the A26 Danube Bridge in Linz in Austria
A fully hydraulic formwork carriage with caterpillar drive was used for the approach tunnel to the A26 Danube Bridge in Linz, a customised special solution for the important Austrian infrastructure ...
28.11.2023 - 30.11.2023
12.12.2023 - 13.12.2023
14.12.2023 - 15.12.2023
14.12.2023 - 15.12.2023
World’s longest Railway Tunnel Project – supported by innovative Conveyor Digitalisation and reliable Engineering
17. October 2022 (1967 Clicks)
The consortium BTC Brennero Tunnel Construction and the Hosch Group jointly delivered on a world-class tunnelling project by combining excellent engineering with the innovative remote monitoring system Hoschiris Discover.
02. April 2019 (12999 Clicks)
Das Buch 6 der Reihe „Dokumentation der technischen Entwicklung bei der RAG“ stellt die Entwicklung der Management- und Bildungssysteme für technische Prozesse, also z.B. zur Effizienzsteigerung, zum Arbeits-, Gesundheits- und Umweltschutz sowie zur Ausbildung und beruflichen Fortbildung, bei der RAG dar.
27.11.2023 (338 Clicks)
01.11.2023 (170 Clicks)