With decades of innovation and expertise working on the customer's behalf, Caterpillar is offering a new generation of EU Stage IV, U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final engines from 25.2 kW to 895 kw (34 hp to 1200 hp) that meet high expectations for reliability, performance, fuel and fluid efficiency and component life, with significantly reduced emissions.
Cat industrial engines are utilized by a wide range of Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in the construction, mining, and general industrial sectors. Models featured at bauma 2013 are the C1.5, C7.1 ACERT™ and C18 ACERT engines as well as C4.4 ACERT, C13 ACERT, and C7.1 ACERT power units. The industrial exhibit is located on Stand 316 in Hall A4.
Caterpillar has selected from a portfolio of engine and aftertreatment technologies to meet the latest emissions standards, while providing optimum value in each power range. The technology offering includes a diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC), diesel particular filter (DPF) and selective catalytic reduction (SCR) available as applicable. In addition, a "No DPF" aftertreatment package is available on select platforms.
Caterpillar equips every EU Stage IV, U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final engine with a combination of electronic, fuel, air and aftertreatment components based on engine size, the type of application, and the geographic location in which it will work. Applying technologies systematically and strategically optimizes each engine to meet customers' high expectations for productivity, fluid efficiency, reliability and service life.
With more than 17 million working hours on tens of thousands of units since the EU Stage IIIB, U.S. EPA Tier 4 Interim product introductions, Caterpillar builds on its expertise and proven experience of its Tier 4 Final technology.
The entire line of Cat EU Stage IV, U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final engines is precisely engineered, rigorously tested and validated, and built for reliability and durability.
ENGINE LINE-UP at bauma 2013
- C1.5 industrial engine - This 3 cylinder, 1.5 liter compact engine delivers 18.4 - 27.6 bkW (24.7- 37 bhp) and is ideally suited to the general industrial and rental sectors. Customers appreciate single side servicing and 500 hour oil change intervals.
- C4.4 ACERT power unit - With turbo after-cooled and series turbo configurations, this 4.4 liter, 4 cylinder engine is rated at 74.5-129.4 bkW (100-173.5 bhp) and provides excellent power density in a compact package.
- C7.1 ACERT - A 7.1 liter 6 cylinder engine delivers dependable power for a wide range of customer applications. Power output spans 116-225 bkW (156-302 hp) and the 225 bkW (302 hp) rating is capable of producing peak torque of up to 1280 Nm (944 lb-ft) at 1400 RPM.
- C13 ACERT power unit - a 6 cylinder, 12.5 liter engine delivers 287-388 kW (385-520 bhp.) Customers are able to order this EU Stage IV, U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final diesel power unit as a conveniently packaged, pre-configured, and ready-made power solution for a wide variety of construction applications including, crushing, drilling, material handling and pumps.
- C18 ACERT industrial engine - The impressive 18.1 liter, 6 cylinder EU Stage IV, U.S. EPA Tier 4 FinaI engine is similarly sized to its EU Stage IIIB, U.S. EPA Tier 4 Interim predecessor with similar connection points for ease of installation all while boasting a power range of 429-597 bkW (575-800 bhp). With the addition of twin Diesel Oxidation Catalysts (DOC's), the 563 - 597 bkW (755 - 800 bhp) ratings are designed to meet U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final emission standards.
Originally launched at bauma China 2012, Caterpillar is also displaying:
- C7.1 ACERT power unit - a new 6 cylinder 7.1 liter engine platform is designed to meet China Stage II, U.S. EPA Tier 3 equivalent and EU Stage IIIA equivalent emissions standards, with ratings from 129 - 168 kW (173 - 225 hp). This power unit is designed to provide optimum fuel efficiency with availability scheduled for 4th quarter 2013.
"As we designed our and EU Stage IV and U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final engines, we did so with the end in mind in order to make integration as simple as possible for our OEM customers," said Mike Reinhart, Caterpillar Industrial Marketing Manager. "We've been able to meet emission legislative standards while delivering value to our customers. As a result, we have the strongest, most complete product range available for customers and manufacturers looking for a robust, fuel efficient industrial engine solution.
Serviced by the most extensive dealer network in the world, Cat industrial engines are offered with a comprehensive warranty, financing, and extended service plans which provide customers with the best choice for their most demanding applications.