Munich Airport GmbH intends to lengthen the eastbound track from the airport and construct a junction with the existing S-Bahn line to Erding. These activities are part of the “Erdinger Ring Project” for improved transport links in all directions to and from the airport.
An S-Bahn tunnel under the airport heading east has already been partly constructed and will be extended to the airport boundary. It will consist of a two-track tunnel, 1800 metres long, and will include a rail junction, approach cutting and a tunnel portal.
EDR is working on the project in a joint venture with the airport planners, act-consult AG, and is responsible for the basic and structural design of all engineering works.
Source: EDR GmbH
- Metso Outotec to supply Copper Solvent Extraction and electrowinning Technology to US
- Strabag continues to upgrade Hungarian Expressway 67
- Hexagon introduces HxGN MineMeasure to maximise Ore Recovery
- Implenia signs Agreement to sell Austrian Building Construction unit to ZECH Bau Austria GmbH
- Setting the Anchor on Poland’s Baltic Coast - fischer heavy-duty Fixings secure Świna Tunnel