Munich Airport GmbH intends to lengthen the eastbound track from the airport and construct a junction with the existing S-Bahn line to Erding. These activities are part of the “Erdinger Ring Project” for improved transport links in all directions to and from the airport.
An S-Bahn tunnel under the airport heading east has already been partly constructed and will be extended to the airport boundary. It will consist of a two-track tunnel, 1800 metres long, and will include a rail junction, approach cutting and a tunnel portal.
EDR is working on the project in a joint venture with the airport planners, act-consult AG, and is responsible for the basic and structural design of all engineering works.
Source: EDR GmbH
- SNC-Lavalin awarded Construction Management Services Contract by Coeur Mining for Rochester POA 11 Project in US
- Strabag Consortium wins Infrastructure Contract in Hungary
- Fugro to provide first topographic Lidar Base Map for Island Nation of Palau
- Implenia wins major Order for A7 Altona Tunnel in Hamburg
- Road Section of the Marche-Umbria Quadrilateral in Italy opens to Traffic