The EDR GmbH expands its foreign business on the African continent. In Iraq and Doha, EDR was already active as consultant. Now it is intended to realize projects in Ethiopia.
From April 14 to 18, 2019, Benedikt Sander-Kessels, Managing Director at EDR, visited the country as member of an economic delegation of the Bavarian State Ministry for Economic Affairs, Regional Development and Energy, led by State Secretary Roland Weigert. At the same time, Prime Minister Markus Söder accompanied the delegation, and ceremonially opened the Africa office of the Bavarian State Ministry in the Ethiopian capital Addis Ababa.
The aim of the get-together was to intensify economic cooperation between engineering / technology companies from Bavaria and Ethiopia. Initial talks were held with ministers and representatives of the Ethiopian state government about potential projects within the areas water, energy and infrastructure.
After the first exchange and meeting in person EDR will create a strategy concept for its intented entrance into the Ethiopian market. Thereby, the focus will be on the development and implementation of projects in the areas of hydropower - hydraulic engineering in general - and infrastructure.
- Fugro continues University of Western Australia Chair in Geotechnics for 5 more Years
- Strabag continues to upgrade Hungarian Expressway 67
- Setting the Anchor on Poland’s Baltic Coast - fischer heavy-duty Fixings secure Świna Tunnel
- HUESKER implements first high-performance Robot
- Cossi Costruzioni (Webuild Group) best Bidder for Maintenance Works and Upgrade of Motorways in Italy