- RAG Mining Solutions GmbH employees safeguard production availability by testing belt conveyor systems.
- Numerous operators already rely on the services of the experts.
The experts of the laboratory test put the delivered belt conveyors through their paces. The RAG Mining Solutions Testing Institute does not only test belts for the mining industry but also textile conveyor belts and steel cord conveyor belts for every conceivable applications. The results obtained from the investigations of the accredited laboratory according to DIN EN ISO 17025 are internationally recognised. Material testing on metals and plastics are also part of this accreditation.
Our national and international customers include renowned companies from the steel producing industry, mining industry as well as other industries for which we regularly carry out incoming goods inspections on conveyor belts’, says Olaf Beckmann, head of RAG Mining Solutions Testing department, about the customer base. The further portfolio of Testing with its headquarters in Herne includes utility value audits as well as in-process inspections on conveyor belts.
The main objective of studies is to determine the mechanical characteristic values of the conveyor belts. For this purpose, the employees take a large number of samples from a belt section. Inappropriate belts are discarded before being installed and this ensures also customers from non-mining related industries production availability.
Beckman sees further benefits in the institute's performance: ‘A positive side effect of our work is, thanks to constant quality monitoring, to permanently improve the quality of the delivered conveyor belts through feedback to the manufacturer.’
For some weeks now, the RAG Group Testing department has become first inspection body for mining equipment. This accreditation to DIN EN ISO 17020 is unique of its kind worldwide.
- Implenia signs Agreement to sell Austrian Building Construction unit to ZECH Bau Austria GmbH
- HUESKER implements first high-performance Robot
- Dust-, spillage- and maintenance-free Skirtings supplied for Conveying in the Mining and Processing Industries
- MiningForum 2022 in Germany Call for Papers
- Fugro secures another BSH Site Characterisation Contract Supporting German Offshore Wind Development