Superior Industries, North America’s only combination manufacturer of both conveyor systems and their related accessories, announced completion of a major expansion project at its conveyor components factory in Morris, Minnesota.
Combined with the debut of new idler, pulley and conveyor accessory production in Prescott Valley, Arizona, the 40-year-old manufacturer reports a 60% increase in component’s production capacity. The additional space allows Superior to improve production floor design, ultimately speeding idlers and pulleys through the factory and improving industry-topping lead times.
“The new space allows double digit capacity increases for both our conveyor idler and pulley production processes,” says Paul Schmidgall, the company’s Vice President of Manufacturing. “When you link these new capabilities in Minnesota with brand new conveyor components production at our Arizona factory, we score a 60% increase in production capacity.”
In Minnesota, the ten-month expansion project involved three stages of demolition, construction and machine installation. Crews demolished 30,000 square feet of old space and added 60,000 new square feet. To complete, the expansion required 34,000 yards of aggregates, 6,000 yards of ready mix concrete, 4 acres of concrete paving and 3.3 acres of new asphalt paving.
- New Road Work for Lane in Texas project
- Turner and Flatiron to build new Terminal at San Diego International Airport
- GHH sets new Standards with biodegradable Hydraulics
- Fugro supports TxDOT on major Dallas Highway Improvement Project
- Fugro’s new 5-year geotechnical Engineering services Contract for Louisiana DOTD supports roadway and Bridge Design