We are pleased to present to you the current edition of the English Journal GeoResources.
- Reinhard Klant is the new Earthmoving product line manager at Continental Commercial Specialty Tires (CST)
- Klant has been with Continental for 30 years, most recently occupying the role of sales manager for the Benelux markets
- He succeeds Christian Luther, who has taken over responsibility as head of the technical customer services at CST
Queensland’s coal industry has yet again demonstrated its critical importance to the State’s economy delivering record exports over the year to December 2018, said the Queensland Resources Council (QRC). QRC Chief Executive Ian Macfarlane said new data from Queensland’s ports revealed total coal exports of 223 million tonnes (mt) surpassing the last record by 2 mt set in 2016.
The Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, located in Cengkareng, Banten, suburb of the Indonesia’s capital city, Jakarta, is one of the largest airports in Asia and 17th world’s busiest airport with an annual passenger volume of around 63 million (as of 2017). In order to deal with the increasing number of flights (now at over 447 thousand flight movements per year) and to optimize the time taken for ground handling of individual aircraft, a new connecting taxiway will be constructed to connect the existing runways at east side of airport. Currently, there is only one connecting taxiway located at west side of airport which supported for all aircraft’s movement.
- Sales growth of 13.7% in local currencies to CHF 7.09 billion in 2018
- Strong growth in all regions
- Continued investment in supply chain expansion with opening of 11 factories, 1 national subsidiary, and 4 acquisitions
- Outlook 2019: in line with the strategic targets, sales growth of 6-8% and over-proportional profit increase are expected