Mining Innovation traditionally starts at an APCOM conference. This year the 39th conference for „Applications of Computers and Operations Research in the Mineral Industry“ is performed from June 03-07 2019 in Wroclaw/Poland:
- Geologists will talk about Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning in resource estimation,
- Mine Planners will see the benefits of completely new transport technology in mine designs,
- Operations Engineers will be discussing about the inflluence of gamification on scheduling
- Equipment designers will be hearing „lessons learned from aviation“ in design of user interfaces!
- R&D Managers will listen to topics around walking robots, UAV‘s and upcoming technology.
The 39th APCOM 2019 technical program is available at the following link: https://2019.apcom.info/event/1/timetable/#all.detailed
The program covers 90 innovative papers organized in 3 plenary sessions and three parallel technical threads assuring a good mix of industry (60%) and academia all discussing Digital Transformation in Mining!
APCOM focuses on Digital Transformation as a highly interdisciplinary task requiring all departments and specialists working together to raise the hidden treasures embedded inside a holistic view on operations and overall process optimization.
The final plenary moderated by two experienced industry journalists covers a conference summary of the most innovative topics and leaves room for discussions in the plenary and for answering the most interesting questions of general interest raised during the conference.
The APCOM 2019 does not only lead the way to „Digital Mining“, it also uses web based and anonymous question submission and ranking in order to assure that the most interesting questions are answered.
There still are single places available for the field trips to e.g. KGHM mines and smelters on Jun 07 after the conference. A social program with dinner and world class entertainment, welcoming reception and barbecue event are casual opportunities for networking. A partner program is available to enjoy the town and the region with it‘s 1000 years of cultural history. A post conference hike in the Karkonosze mountains is offered from June 08-10 with overnight stays in two microbreweries on the ridge, which is the relaxing finish to the technical discussions of the previous week.
Registration is open here.
The abbreviation „APCOM“ means „Applications for Computers and Operations Research in the Minerals Industries“. APCOM is a series of well established high-quality scientific conferences which was started already in the early 1960‘s. The APCOM 2019 in Wroclaw is the 39th APCOM.
The APCOM event series has become a major driver of innovation in the minerals industry, facilitating the advancement of computer and operational research methodologies applied to the minerals industry. Thanks to the personal commitments of APCOM’s loyal participants and supporters, the APCOM symposia continue to be a thriving success. A lot of breakthrough innovations have been initially discussed or originated from the APCOM conferences like e.g. Geostatistics and Mining Process Optimization. One of the success factors of APCOM is the intensive high-quality dialogue between Industry and Academia.
All presentations are to be held in English.
Source: Dr. Christoph Mueller
- Epiroc wins Equipment Order for Mine Expansion in Chile
- Normet making History by doing Underground Explosives charging on Batteries
- Epiroc to divest geotechnical Consumables Product Line to Mimir Invest
- Zyfra and First Ore-Mining Company to deploy Artificial Intelligence Solutions for Mining in Extreme North
- Disclosure on Tailings Storage Facilities