At the end of 2020, LOESCHE received the order to supply a raw material grinding plant to the Lafarge cement plant Mannersdorf in Austria.
In recent years, the customer has already carried out extensive modernizations of the Mannersdorf cement plant. For example, the entire pyro-process meets the latest standards and alternative fuels are being successfully used. With the measures now starting, LafargeHolcim is concentrating on the modernization of raw material preparation.
A particular challenge here is the raw material, which has a relatively high proportion of metals that must be removed during the raw material processing.
LOESCHE can draw on a wealth of experience in the grinding of metal-bearing materials such as granulated blast furnace slag and stainless steel slag. Due to this experience and based on a mature concept, LOESCHE was able to convince the customer:
- reliable separation of the metal content in the feed material, proven in many reference plants
- a footprint as small as possible thanks to a compact and clever plant layout for the best possible integration into the existing cement plant
- State-of-the-art LOESCHE technology and a comprehensive digital package for energy efficiency and outstanding performance
- a well thought-out wear protection concept with products from LOESCHE's own PRONAMIC® series
The scope of supply for the new raw material grinding plant includes, in addition to the steel construction and the entire installation, a LOESCHE mill type LM 45.4, a LOESCHE classifier type LSKS, rotary feeder, magnetic separator, conveyor, two HURRICLONS®, mill fan, and the digital package 'Digital Ready 4.0!‘.
In addition to LOESCHE, the subsidiaries kingsblue and aixprocess are responsible for the digitalization products and A TEC for the HURRICLONS® as suppliers. A TEC has already been able to carry out several modernization measures in Mannersdorf in the past and can look back on a successful cooperation with LafargeHolcim.
The delivery time of the grinding plant will be 14.5 months. Commissioning is scheduled for the end of February 2022.
The global Corona pandemic poses a particular challenge for all involved. LOESCHE is proud that the project was able to start on schedule despite the contact and travel restrictions. The basis for this was the willingness of all negotiating partners to leave traditional negotiation and communication channels behind and use modern video conferencing systems.
Stefan Baaken, Head of Sales Cement/Ore at LOESCHE, is certain that the new raw material plant in Mannersdorf will have an impact beyond the borders of Austria. "Many cement plants in Europe are facing similar challenges as our customer in Mannersdorf. For us as an OEM and also for the customer, the new grinding plant is an important signpost towards more energy-efficient and sustainable cement production," says Stefan Baaken.
About Lafarge and Loesche
Lafarge Zementwerke GmbH is a company of LafargeHolcim - the world's leading supplier of building materials and solutions. LafargeHolcim is the leader in CO2 capture and utilization in Europe and employs over 70,000 people in more than 70 countries. In Austria, the company operates cement plants in Mannersdorf and Retznei with an annual capacity of approximately 1.6 million tons of cement.
- H.C. Starck Tungsten Powders develops new Technology to recycle Cobalt
- Queensland Resources Sector embraces Potential for Hydrogen to lower Emissions
- Volvo Group and SSAB to collaborate on the World’s first Vehicles of fossil-free Steel
- Metso Outotec completes Divestment of its Aluminium Business
- Act now to secure the UK’s critical Materials Supply, say Birmingham Experts