- CA$16 million investment will create more than 60 new jobs
- Facility expansion will double production of plastic injection molded solutions
- Increased production capacity will better meet Canada’s growing demand for safe, smart and sustainable electrification solutions
ABB is investing CA$16 million in its Installation Products Division manufacturing facility in Pointe-Claire, Canada. This enables expanded production capacity to meet the growing needs of customers from coast to coast.
“ABB’s investment is part of a five-year strategy to integrate new digital processes and automation across our operations,” says Matthias Heilmann, President, ABB Installation Products Division. “With our customer-first approach, this enables us to further innovate our products and manufacturing capabilities to meet the specific needs of the Canadian market.”
The expansion will create over 60 full-time jobs in the upgraded 75,000 square foot facility to deliver the legacy Canadian brands produced by ABB’s Pointe-Claire facility.
“The additional team members will enable the site to operate multiple product lines and shifts to meet increasing demand for safe, smart and sustainable electrical solutions across industrial, commercial and residential applications,” says Alain Quintal, Vice President and General Manager, ABB Installation Products Division in Canada. “Having operated in this community for nearly a century, ABB is committed to continuing its strong heritage as a trusted industry partner and employer of choice.”
In Canada, ABB has a strong history of excellence stretching back more than 100 years. With its Canadian corporate headquarters in Montreal, ABB’s success is driven by 3,000 talented employees in 32 locations from coast to coast.
Part of its Electrification Business Area, ABB Installation Products Division, formerly Thomas & Betts, is a global leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of products used to manage the connection, protection and distribution of electrical power in industrial, construction and utility applications. With more than 200,000 products under more than 38 premium brand names, ABB Installation Products solutions can be found wherever electricity is used.
ABB is a leading global technology company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. By connecting software to its electrification, robotics, automation and motion portfolio, ABB pushes the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new levels. With a history of excellence stretching back more than 130 years, ABB’s success is driven by about 105,000 talented employees in over 100 countries.
- Acquisition: Rema Tip Top strengthens its Position in the Swiss Conveyor Market
- Construction and Mining Machinery Industry getting ready for bauma 2022
- German Entrepreneur and Founder of H. Paus Maschinenfabrik GmbH, Hermann Paus passed away on 27.12.2021
- Sika postes Record Sales for 2021 – Growth of 17.1%
- VDI teilt mit: Anzahl offener Stellen höher als vor Corona-Krise