The Second International Conference “Mines of the Future” took place in Aachen in June 2019. Due to the great interest in the topic „Mines of the Future“, Professor Bernd Lottermoser, conference chair of the renowned AIMS conference series, deepened the theme.
Having attracted more than 180 participants from 29 countries, from 20 different universities and 74 companies the two-day conference was an extraordinary success. Representatives from industry and research presented the latest findings in the areas of science, technology and responsibility in mining in more than 55 technical lectures. The wide range of speakers and participants came from universities, government agencies, the mining industry and consulting firms. Furthermore, 10 exhibitors seized the opportunity to present their latest products and developments to an international audience.
Professor Lottermoser and his staff are delighted with the conference’s outcomes and already look forward to the next AIMS conference. AIMS 2020 will be focused on „Mineral resources for future generations“ and is expected to take place on 2-3 April 2020 in Aachen.
Source: RWTH Aachen
- Celebrating International Women in Engineering Day 2020
- QRC welcomes Health Check Testing for Mine Workers
- Outotec launches new open-ended Discharge Grinding Mill Solution for high-throughput Circuits
- QRC welcomes Federal Government’s $125 Million Exploration Boost
- Metso to deliver Pressure Filters for dry Tailings Processing to Salares Norte Gold Mine Project in Chile