AKOFS Offshore, a part of Akastor ASA, has been notified of a five-year contract extension from Petrobras to use the Skandi Santos, a Subsea Equipment Support Vessel in Brazil.
The extension, worth about NOK 2.5 billion, will start March 1, 2015 in direct continuation of current contract. The vessel is currently operating under a five-year contract with Petrobras that began March 1, 2010.
The Skandi Santos is designed to install and retrieve subsea trees and modules, including subsea structures and manifolds at water depths of up to 2,300 meters. The vessel will during the contract extension period continue with its current scope of work and also start installing Petrobras' new generation of subsea trees offshore Brazil.
The Skandi Santos and the installed remotely operated vehicles are owned by DOF Subsea and leased to AKOFS Offshore, who owns and operates the vessel's topside and subsea equipment.
About Akastor ASA
Akastor ASA is an oilfield services investment company with a flexible mandate for long-term value creation. The company exercises active ownership combining a range of strategic, operational and financial measures to develop and unlock the full value potential of its portfolio of companies. Akastor ASA employs approximately 7,400 people.
- Innovative and practical: New features introduced by RTG Rammtechnik GmbH set Standards for Sheet Pile Wall Construction
- Strabag Consortium wins Infrastructure Contract in Hungary
- Fugro to provide first topographic Lidar Base Map for Island Nation of Palau
- Implenia wins major Order for A7 Altona Tunnel in Hamburg
- Superior teams with EESSCO to supply Aggregate Equipment in New England