Anglo American plc announces that Marcelo Bastos will join the Board as a non-executive director, with effect 1 April 2019.
Mr Bastos brings more than 30 years of experience in the mining industry, most recently as chief operating officer of MMG, the global base metals producer with interests from Australia to Peru. Following an executive career that included senior roles at BHP in Australia and Colombia, Mr Bastos has taken on a number of advisory and non-executive roles with other mining, engineering and logistics organisations.
Stuart Chambers, Chairman of Anglo American, said: “I look forward to welcoming Marcelo Bastos to Anglo American’s Board. Marcelo’s extensive operational and project experience in mining across numerous commodities and geographies, particularly in South America, will ensure we continue to include the appropriate mix of skills and perspectives in our Board discussions.”
Source: Anglo American
- Führungswechsel in Bauer Resources GmbH
- Turquoise Hill announces resignation of director Alan Chirgwin and appointment of Alfie Grigg to the Board of Directors
- Geomega nominates new Board of Directors Montreal
- Orica welcomes Sanjeev Gandhi to its Executive Committee
- Medusa Mining: Management Changes