PT ANTAM (Persero) Tbk (ASX-ATM; IDX-ANTM; ANTAM) announced that the company has reached an agreement with the Regency Government of North Konawe in relation to the Mining Permit (IUP) of North Konawe, Southeast Sulawesi.
The agreement was marked with a ceremony between ANTAM's President Director, Tato Miraza with the Regent of North Konawe, Aswad Sulaiman, witnessed by the Governor of Southeast Sulawesi, Nur Alam and the Deputy Governor of Southeast Sulawesi, Saleh Lasata, on Thursday, August 15, 2013, in Kendari, Southeast Sulawesi.
The agreement marked the resolution of the overlapping IUP in Tapunopaka and Bahubulu Island, North Konawe. The IUP covers an area of 6,213 hectares and will be part of ANTAM's Nickel Pig Iron Project.
ANTAM President Director, Tato Miraza, said:
"The agreement will ensure the development of the Nickel Pig Iron project which is one of our key strategic development projects and part of the Master Plan for the Acceleration and Expansion of Indonesian Economic Development (MP3EI) in the Sulawesi Corridor."
The Nickel Pig Iron Project is one of ANTAM's development projects which will process nickel ore into nickel pig iron or low grade ferronickel. The project has an estimated production capacity of 24,000 tonnes per year. Currently ANTAM is internally reviewing the project's feasibility study.
- Nokian Ground Kare – new Excavator and Backhoe Loader Tire for Meadows, Roads and Railways
- Nordic Iron Ore and Epiroc Sweden AB sign MoU
- Nordic Mining commissions Hatch and Sweco as Project Management Consultant for the Engebø Project
- Business Finland grants Funding for Keliber’s Lithium Project
- ABB launches new Condition Monitoring digital Service, tailor-made for predictive Maintenance of Conveyor Belts