PT ANTAM (Persero) Tbk (ASX-ATM; IDX-ANTM; ANTAM) announced that the company has reached an agreement with the Regency Government of North Konawe in relation to the Mining Permit (IUP) of North Konawe, Southeast Sulawesi.
The agreement was marked with a ceremony between ANTAM's President Director, Tato Miraza with the Regent of North Konawe, Aswad Sulaiman, witnessed by the Governor of Southeast Sulawesi, Nur Alam and the Deputy Governor of Southeast Sulawesi, Saleh Lasata, on Thursday, August 15, 2013, in Kendari, Southeast Sulawesi.
The agreement marked the resolution of the overlapping IUP in Tapunopaka and Bahubulu Island, North Konawe. The IUP covers an area of 6,213 hectares and will be part of ANTAM's Nickel Pig Iron Project.
ANTAM President Director, Tato Miraza, said:
"The agreement will ensure the development of the Nickel Pig Iron project which is one of our key strategic development projects and part of the Master Plan for the Acceleration and Expansion of Indonesian Economic Development (MP3EI) in the Sulawesi Corridor."
The Nickel Pig Iron Project is one of ANTAM's development projects which will process nickel ore into nickel pig iron or low grade ferronickel. The project has an estimated production capacity of 24,000 tonnes per year. Currently ANTAM is internally reviewing the project's feasibility study.
- Nornickel Proceeds With Automation and Modernization of Equipment in the Russian Far North
- ABB launches ABB Ability™ Safety Plus for Hoists ensuring the highest Level of Personnel and Equipment Safety
- Mechanical Engineering Exports in Germany overcome low Point
- Orica and Epiroc unveil Prototype System for first Stages of Underground Automation
- GEOKARLSRUHE 2021: Sustainable Earth – from Processes to Resources – Call for Sessions