Carita Himberg has been appointed Senior Vice President, Human Resources and a member of future Metso Outotec’s Executive Team. She will start in her new role latest before the end of the year. The exact starting date will be announced later.
Carita Himberg joins Metso Outotec from Stora Enso, where she works as SVP, Human Resources in the Packaging Materials Division. Prior to that, she has held global HR leadership positions in Microsoft, Nokia and Outokumpu in Finland. Earlier, she held several HR Director and Management roles at Microsoft and Novartis in Switzerland. She has a Master of Science degree in Technology and an MBA.
"With the expected Metso and Outotec combination approaching at the beginning of July, I am happy to welcome Carita warmly to our team. Creating the desired company culture and driving the implementation of the combination of two great companies requires a strong role from the HR,” says Pekka Vauramo, President and CEO of the future Metso Outotec.
“At the same time, I want to thank Hannele Järvistö for her excellent contribution as the interim head of Metso’s HR for the past year and a half, and during the critical integration planning period. Hannele will continue in the interim role until Carita starts,” he continues.
The appointment becomes effective after the closing of the partial demerger of Metso and the combination of Metso’s Minerals business and Outotec, which is currently expected to take place on June 30, 2020.
Source: Metso Outotec
- Verstärkung der Geschäftsführung der Fischer group
- Metso to deliver a rotary Railroad Car Dumper System to CSX Transportation in the USA
- Outotec launches new open-ended Discharge Grinding Mill Solution for high-throughput Circuits
- Metso to deliver Pressure Filters for dry Tailings Processing to Salares Norte Gold Mine Project in Chile
- Bauer AG withdraws its Forecast for the Year 2020 due to the Effects of the Corona Pandemic