Production of uranium concentrate has resumed at the SOMAÏR mine operated by AREVA in northern Niger.
Production had been interrupted by a terrorist attack on May 23.
Ore extraction resumed on May 24, and one of the two processing lines went back into service on June 18.
Both processing lines at the site are now operational.
Olivier Wantz, a member of the AREVA Executive Board and Senior Executive Vice President of the Mining BG, said “The SOMAÏR and AREVA teams mobilized magnificently to repair the damage caused by this unspeakable act, which cost the life of one of our coworkers. The SOMAÏR site is completely operational today, two months ahead of the provisional timetable.”
- Investment Priority for predictive Maintenance
- Norilsk Nickel Joins Responsible Sourcing Blockchain Network
- Pharmaceutical Salt – Transportation Medium for the Corona Vaccine
- Resources sector pulls out all Stops to keep regions Covid-safe: QRC
- SNC-Lavalin announces Completion of the Sale of South African Resources Business