ATC Williams received a HIGHLY COMMENDED award for the 'Sar Cheshmeh Copper Mine - Tailings & Water Management' project at the recent Victorian Engineering Excellence Awards (VEEA).
The award was in the category 'Infrastructure Projects over $20M'.
This award caps many years of hard work over more than 10 years on a project valued at $200M+. The project involved the full design process and contruction from concept to commissioning for a production upgrade from 22 Mtpa to 32 Mtpa. It included all tailings modelling and deposition strategies, water recovery systems, 3 large embankments - with the highest being an 80m asphalt core water dam - the world's largest paste thickener facility at the time (12 x 25m dia), slurry pipelines and large pump systems.
ATC Williams congratulates all involved in the project, our engineers and technicians, our joint venture partner MEWE, and client NICICO.
- Vale informs on Ratification of collective Bargaining Agreement in Sudbury in Canada
- Fugro wins multi-year Contract to build new Pavement Management System for Manitoba in Canada
- Normet Group Oy and Hindustan Zinc Limited signed a MoU to deploy battery-powered Service Equipment and Utility Vehicle in their Underground Mining
- K+S once again raises Earnings Outlook for 2021
- Sale of Red Hill Iron Ore Joint Venture Interest to Mineral Resources Limited Subsidiary