Atlas Copco, a leading provider of sustainable productivity, will collaborate with defense and security company Saab AB and its subsidiary Combitech AB to provide mining customers with solutions for advanced and secure digitalized operations.
The collaboration builds upon Atlas Copco’s strong position in the mining industry, Saab’s technical platforms, and Combitech’s working methods and experience gained from successfully digitalizing the Gripen E fighter aircraft. The new partnership includes digitalization work on autonomous mining and related control tower, cyber security and ecosystem solutions.
"This collaboration is fully in line with our vision of the digital mine of the future," said Helena Hedblom, President of Atlas Copco’s Mining and Rock Excavation Technique business area. "We will support our customers as they enhance their productivity through smart digitalization of their mining and tunneling operations. We are teaming up with the best in the industry – together we will bring even more productivity and safety to customers.”
This collaboration is another example of Atlas Copco's increased focus on the safe digitalization of mining operations. Earlier this year, Atlas Copco acquired a stake in Mobilaris MCE, a business whose software solutions provide users with a comprehensive picture of the mining operations, real-time positioning, and status information about vehicles, equipment and personnel.
Source: Atlas Copco
- GHH Multipurpose electric Vehicles: New Conversion Kits for Tembo 4x4
- Nornickel Proceeds With Automation and Modernization of Equipment in the Russian Far North
- ABB launches ABB Ability™ Safety Plus for Hoists ensuring the highest Level of Personnel and Equipment Safety
- Orica and Epiroc unveil Prototype System for first Stages of Underground Automation
- GEOKARLSRUHE 2021: Sustainable Earth – from Processes to Resources – Call for Sessions