AuRico Gold Inc. (TSX: AUQ) (NYSE: AUQ) announced the appointment of Mr. Alan Edwards as non-executive Chairman of the Board effective July 1, 2013. Mr. Edwards was appointed as an independent director on May 13, 2010 and has served as Chair of the Sustainability Committee.
Mr. Edwards has over 30 years of international mining experience, including as President and CEO of Copper One Inc., President and CEO of Frontera Copper Corporation, and Executive VP and COO of Apex Silver Mines Corporation. He is currently Director and CEO of Oracle Mining Corporation. Mr. Edwards is also the Chairman of AQM Copper Inc., and a director of Entrée Gold Inc. and U.S. Silver & Gold Inc.
"Alan has been an active director since joining the Board in 2010, and since that time the Company has benefitted from Alan's extensive operational and board experience," stated Ron Smith , Interim Chairman of the Board. "We are confident that under Alan's leadership, we will continue to work as a highly productive and effective Board that will serve the interests of the Company and its shareholders, particularly during this period of significant growth at the Young-Davidson mine."
- Top 14 female Finalists vie for Queensland Resources Awards
- thyssenkrupp installiert 88 Megawatt-Wasserelektrolyse für Hydro-Québec in Kanada
- Next Project Phase of the Janina VI Shaft Hoisting project in Poland completed
- Hatch integrates Hydromantis into its Water Group
- Revised Discharge Permit granted for the Engebø Project in Norway