Team Seeks Low-Carbon Supply Chain
Costain, the engineering solutions provider, has been awarded the South Enabling Works Contract for High Speed Two (HS2) Ltd (‘HS2’). The award, made to Costain in Joint Venture (‘JV’) with Skanska, is worth up to £150m to the Group over four years.
The project will cover the essential preparatory work needed to deliver the main HS2 programme on time and on budget. It will create jobs and training opportunities across Costain’s UK-wide supply chain.
Work will commence immediately and will involve establishing relationships with the numerous stakeholders, negotiating to agree demolition, diversion of major utilities and other preparatory works.
Andrew Wyllie CBE, Chief Executive of Costain commented: “This contract win demonstrates the major role which Costain plays in delivering the UK’s most urgent infrastructure needs. Costain has been selected as a trusted partner by HS2, for our commitment to taking a collaborative approach to large-scale projects, minimising disruption and delivering a best in class outcome for rail users.”
- Cimic's Thiess awarded Prominent Hill Contract
- Epiroc wins Order from Cormidom in Dominican Republic to boost Mining Operation
- Cimic's CPB Contractors preferred for Metro Tunnel works in Australia
- Fugro wins Pre-construction Site Investigation for HS2’s Chilterns Tunnel and Colne Valley Viaduct in UK
- Pöyry awarded with Owner's Engineering Services Assignment for Nam Kong 3 Hydro Power Plant in Laos