BAM International, the operating company of Royal BAM Group active outside of Europe, has completed the €65-million-project to construct the Aqaba New Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Terminal for Aqaba Development Corporation (ADC). BAM has handed over the project on 23 June, two months ahead of schedule.
In partnership with sister company BAM Contractors from Ireland and Jordan’s engineering company MAG, BAM International designed, built and commissioned an LNG jetty with approach trestle, including the mechanical, engineering and piping services, buildings, infrastructure works and tug jetty berth for attending tugs within 17 months. The civil works were designed by BAM’s engineering company BAM Infraconsult.
The LNG terminal forms part of ADC’s plan for developing Aqaba’s Energy Ports. The Government has tasked ADC to develop Jordan’s energy intake capabilities to ensure a consistent supply of energy fuels such as oil, LNG and LPG.
BAM has been active in Jordan since 2011. In 2014 BAM International completed the Aqaba New Port project for ADC and in 2013 Aqaba Container Terminal was delivered to APMT and ADC.
Source: Royal BAM Group
- GeoResources Team Wishes You and Your Families a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous 2021
- Lithium aus dem Oberrheingraben für Batterien
- Cimic’s UGL awarded more than $112m in Utilities Contractors
- Bauma China – ZF Basicpower exhibits robust and reliable Technology
- Orica announces strong Performance in a Covid-19 Environment