BAM International bv – the operating company of Royal BAM Group nv, active outside Europe – has been awarded a design and construct contract to build road infrastructure worth €14.5 million for global trade enabler DP World at their flagship Jebel Ali Port and Free Zone in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
The 2.75 km of dual carriageway will connect the port’s latest Container Terminal 4 (CT4) to the city’s existing road network to further develop Jebel Ali’s multi-modal logistics corridor. The project also entails the construction of two bridges that will cross the existing gas utility corridor, associated drainage, lighting, signage and precast barriers.
The project is expected to take 15 months to complete, excluding the time for preliminary site investigation works.
Earlier this year BAM International handed over Jebel Ali Terminal 4 (phase 1, 1b and 2) to DP World. BAM successfully completed the construction of 2,300 m of quay wall, as well as a 440-metre long access bridge and a 3.5 km causeway to link the new terminal being built on an island of reclaimed land to the main port.
Source: Royal BAM Group
- Cimic's Thiess awarded Prominent Hill Contract
- Epiroc wins Order from Cormidom in Dominican Republic to boost Mining Operation
- Cimic's CPB Contractors preferred for Metro Tunnel works in Australia
- Fugro wins Pre-construction Site Investigation for HS2’s Chilterns Tunnel and Colne Valley Viaduct in UK
- Pöyry awarded with Owner's Engineering Services Assignment for Nam Kong 3 Hydro Power Plant in Laos