Stefan Romedahl has been appointed as the new President Business Area Mines and will be a member of Boliden’s Group management. Stefan will take up his new post in the autumn of 2018 and will thereby replace Mikael Staffas who will be President and CEO from 1 June 2018.
Stefan has a Masters degree in Mine Engineering from Luleå University of Technology, and has extensive experience of the mining industry. He is currently Director of Division North at LKAB and his experience also includes working as the CEO of Zinkgruvan and Project Director at SKB (the Swedish Nuclear Fuel and Waste Management Company). Stefan has also previously worked for Boliden in positions such as Mine Manager at Aitik and General Manager at Tara in Ireland.
“We’re delighted to bring Stefan back on board at Boliden. His extensive experience and expertise when it comes to both the industry as a whole and Boliden’s operations in particular will generate excellent preconditions for the ongoing development of the units in a way that improves our long-term competitiveness,” says Mikael Staffas, Boliden’s President & CEO-elect.
Business Area Mines comprises the full value chain from exploration, via production, to reclamation. The units that currently make up the Business Area are Aitik, the Boliden Area and Garpenberg in Sweden, Kevitsa and Kylylahti in Finland, and Tara in Ireland.
Pia Lindström will serve as acting President Business Area Mines between 1 June 2018 and until Stefan Romedahl takes up his position.
- Implenia secures new Order in Sweden to build a Bus Terminal inside a Hill
- Cimic's Thiess secures Centinela Extension in Chile
- Letzte Grubenfahrt des Vorstands des VDMA Mining im Bergwerk Prosper-Haniel
- Pöyry awarded Project Management and Engineering Services Assignment by Boliden for Finnish Kevitsa Mine
- Cimic's Thiess awarded Contract at Leinster Underground in Australia