Boliden has agreed with Komatsu to purchase 17 new haul trucks to the Kevitsa mine and 9 new haul trucks to the Aitik mine at a total price of SEK 900 m. The investment will support expanding operations, insourcing of transports and a partial replacement of the existing truck fleet.
The Kevitsa ramp up from 7.5 to 9.5 Mtonnes per year in milled volume is scheduled to reach the new production pace during 2020. The expansion of Aitik from 39 to 45 Mtonnes per year is expected to be completed 2020.
"This is an important step in the development of our open-pit mines while improving our environmental performance from an already strong position. This not least because we now create opportunities for increased electrification and related productivity development”, says Mikael Staffas, President and CEO of Boliden.
The selected haul trucks are Komatsu 830E-5 for Kevitsa and Komatsu 930E-5 for Aitik. Simultaneously agreements has been made with local partners to Komatsu. All trucks are prepared for future electrification in line with Boliden´s efforts to reduce emissions. The first haul truck deliveries will take place in mid-2019.
- Siemens integrates the highest international Safety Standard in Polyhalite Mine
- Epiroc launches new Generation battery-driven Machines for sustainable Mining
- Queensland’s Coal Exports claim Top Spot with 22 Wins on the Trot
- Pilot Plant Test Program to produce Battery Grade Lithium Hydroxide
- New Jobs for rehabilitated Mine in Australia