Nickel production at the Harjavalta smelter has been stopped due to a slag explosion that was the result of a process malfunction in the nickel electric furnace slag tapping system on December 24.
No one was injured as a result of the explosion. The main damage is in the mechanical construction and the slag tapping system. Production in the nickel line has been stopped and is estimated to be offline until mid January.
Current estimates on the impact on EBIT due to the lost production and repair costs, is 100 MSEK, of which half in Q4 2021.
Boliden is a metals company with a focus on sustainable development. Our roots are Nordic, our market global. Our core competence lies within the fields of exploration, mining, smelting and metal recycling. Boliden has around 6,000 employees and an annual turnover of SEK 60 billion.
- The Pre-Feasibility Study on Dannemora in Sweden confirms viable Possibilities for “green” Iron Ore Production
- Progress on Sustainability Standard for Mining
- South Harz Potash: Drilling commences at Ohmgebirge
- Construction and Mining Machinery Industry getting ready for bauma 2022
- thyssenkrupp opens new Service Center in Peru