Royal Boskalis Westminster N.V. (Boskalis) and joint venture partner Van Oord have been awarded a contract by PT Muara Wisesa Samudra to design and construct the artificial island for the Dredging and Land Development Works for Pluit City off the coast of Jakarta, Indonesia. The contract carries a value of approximately EUR 350 million (Boskalis share 50%).
The project involves reclaiming approximately 160 hectares of new land requiring in excess of 20 million cubic meters of dredged sand. Two jumbo trailing suction hopper dredgers will be deployed for the dredging and reclamation activities sourcing sand from local borrow areas. Soil improvement and rock revetment works also form part of the project. Work will commence immediately and the project is expected to be completed in 2018. When constructed the new island will be used for both residential and commercial purposes.
Boskalis' strategy is aimed at benefitting from key macro-economic factors which drive worldwide demand in our markets: expansion of the global economy, increase in energy consumption, global population growth and the challenges that go hand in hand with climate change. This land reclamation project is driven by the necessity to create land to accommodate population growth in a densely populated area.
- Cimic Group's CPB Contractors wins APLNG Gas Works
- Implenia wins a Contract in Norway
- Strabag awarded Contract to build a Section of the D35 Motorway in the Czech Republic
- Implenia is awarded the Contract for the third Section of the Grand Paris Express with Avenir Partners
- Preview Bauma Munich: Bauer Maschinen Group presents state-of-the-art Technology for Specialist Foundation Engineering