The 1st European Mineral Processing and Recycling Congress – EMPRC 2018 is going to take place from June 25 – 26, 2018 in Essen. It is an international, peer-reviewed conference with focus on all aspects related to the physical and physico-chemical processing of primary and secondary raw materials.
The aim of the conference is to gather professionals from industry, universities and research institutions to exchange, analyze and discuss the most recent innovations and developments of our industry. EMPRC 2018 addresses the following main topics.
- Raw material characterization
- Mechanical activation
- Magnetic separation
- Eddy current separation
- Electrical separation
- Density separation
- Froth flotation
- Sensor based sorting
- Process water treatment
- Disposal of residues
- Process simulation
- Metallic and non-metallic ores
- Tailings & dumps
- Landfill mining
- Metallurgical slags
- MSWI bottom ashes
- Production wastes
- Consumer wastes<
- Soil decontamination
- Process economics
- Life cycle assessment & environmental issues
- Social and political acceptance
As Europe’s situation is characterized on the one hand by large industrial output and therefore high raw material consumption, and on the other hand by a limited number of own deposits, the import dependency is generally high. This situation and environmental issues, have led to a growing recycling sector in Europe. Therefore, besides the processing of primary raw materials, the conference will also focus on the processing of secondary raw materials and the associated specific challenges.
The conference is held by invitation of the GDMB Society of Metallurgists and Miners and is particularly directed to plant operators and manufacturers, equipment suppliers, service providers, consultants as well as universities and research institutions.
Prospective authors wishing to present papers are invited to submit the title, the name(s) of the author(s) and an abstract of approx. 400 words (in English). Authors of the selected abstracts will be notified of the acceptance of the papers beforehand.
- August 31, 2017: Deadline for submission of abstracts
- September 29, 2017: Acceptance of papers will be made public
- November 30, 2017: Submit manuscript for peer review
- February 28, 2018: Deadline for final manuscript
- April 28, 2018: Deadline for presenters to register for the conference
There will be the possibility for companies and universities to present their projects and recent work or results by placing roll-ups / banner or displaying info brochures at the media desk.
More information: here
- Continental Powertrain Business to change Course and focus on the electric Future and clean Air
- Belt Tech, Inc. new Superior Distributor in Central Appalachia, USA for Idlers, Pulleys and Conveyor Accessories
- SMT Scharf AG reports profitable Growth in H1 2019
- The NordBau 2019 - Shaping the future and connecting people!
- Schachtbau Nordhausen and Bauer together at the MiningForum