The 2021 RETC abstract submission site is now available. You can help contribute to a dynamic technical program next June by sharing innovative solutions and outcomes to interesting or unique challenges.
Topics for Consideration
The committee will consider all abstracts covering any/all aspects of the tunneling/underground construction industry including, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Contract Practices
- Design/Build Projects
- Difficult Ground
- Drill and Blast
- Environment, Health and Safety
- Future Projects
- Geotechnical Considerations
- Ground Control, Face Support and Monitoring
- Ground Support and Final Lining
- Grouting and Ground Modification
- Hard Rock TBMs
- Impacts of COVID-19 on the Tunneling Industry
- International Projects
- Large Span Tunnels and Caverns
- Microtunneling and Trenchless Tunneling
- New and Innovative Technologies
- Pressure Face TBM Case Histories
- Pressure Face TBM Technology
- Project Planning
- Risk Management
- Shafts and Mining
- Tunnel Rehabilitation
- Tunneling for Sustainability
- June 30, 2020 | Abstract submissions due
- Sept. 30, 2020 | Notification of acceptance
- Dec. 1, 2020 | Final manuscripts are due (mandatory)
Manuscripts are mandatory for inclusion in the proceedings volume and must be received on time. If you cannot commit to completing a manuscript on time, please do not submit an abstract for consideration.
The Rapid Excavation and Tunneling Conference (RETC) is the premier international forum for the exchange and dissemination of developments and advances in underground construction. RETC provides innovative solutions to the unique challenges associated with the tunneling industry.
More information about the conference: here
Source: Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration Inc.
- Solmax and University of Virginia team to launch technical GCL Webinar Series
- ITA-AITES WTC 2020 in Malaysia goes digital
- bauma CHINA 2020 will take place as planned
- Flatiron wins U.S. Highway 50 Widening and Rehab Project in California
- Evergreen Tractor & Kimball Equipment team up to represent Superior in Northwest U.S.