Chile has its first floating solar farm installed and on a brand-new type of site: a tailings pond, owned by the mining giant AngloAmerican.
Located at Los Bronces mines, north of Santiago, the 84 kWp pilot should generate 153 MWh per year for the company’s energy needs. The project, developed by Lenergie and for which island and anchoring system were designed and supplied by Ciel & Terre, was recently inaugurated with Chilean leading figures in the field of energy. This project is unlike any other. As part of a Chilean energy revolution, it stands for a deep change in society in the country and the opening of a promising new market.
Source: Ciel et Terre International
- Haver & Boecker Expands Global Mineral Processing Presence with Haver & Boecker Niagara Brand
- Hatch becomes authorized Value Provider of ABB Robotics
- The next Step in Mining Interoperability: IREDES and OPC/UA prepare for digital Mining
- New Chair of independent Mine Tailings Review
- Chinese Mining Company becomes Co-partner of Halbach & Braun