Chile has its first floating solar farm installed and on a brand-new type of site: a tailings pond, owned by the mining giant AngloAmerican.
Located at Los Bronces mines, north of Santiago, the 84 kWp pilot should generate 153 MWh per year for the company’s energy needs. The project, developed by Lenergie and for which island and anchoring system were designed and supplied by Ciel & Terre, was recently inaugurated with Chilean leading figures in the field of energy. This project is unlike any other. As part of a Chilean energy revolution, it stands for a deep change in society in the country and the opening of a promising new market.
Source: Ciel et Terre International
- Fugro Seep hunting Success Offshore Malaysia
- Epiroc wins Equipment Order for Mine Expansion in Chile
- Normet making History by doing Underground Explosives charging on Batteries
- Epiroc to divest geotechnical Consumables Product Line to Mimir Invest
- Zyfra and First Ore-Mining Company to deploy Artificial Intelligence Solutions for Mining in Extreme North