Cimic Group companies CPB Contractors and UGL have been selected by the NSW Government to deliver the Line-wide works package in support of the Sydney Metro City & Southwest project, Australia’s biggest public transport project.
The NSW Government has awarded a contract providing revenue of $1.376 billion to the joint venture between CPB Contractors and UGL.
Works are due to commence this year and are scheduled to conclude in 2024.
Cimic Group Chief Executive Officer Michael Wright said: “This new work at Sydney Metro aligns well with Cimic Group’s unique offering as an integrated rail solutions provider. The project combines the proven rail-sector expertise within our construction company CPB Contractors and our asset solutions provider UGL to deliver an end-to-end result, covering design, construction and commissioning of the project.”
UGL Managing Director Jason Spears said: “As Australia’s leading systems contractor in the transportation sector, the Sydney Metro City and Southwest Line-Wide Works package will continue our relationship and strong performance with Sydney Metro. The involvement of our in-house operation and maintenance teams throughout the design and construct phases will optimise operational performance at the project.”
CPB Contractors Managing Director Juan Santamaria said: “This project further builds on CPB Contractors’ rapidly growing portfolio of rail projects across Australia, including the Sydney Metro Northwest and the Metro Tunnel in Melbourne. We’re committed to leveraging our unrivalled experience on major projects to safely deliver this important infrastructure for the people of NSW.”
The joint venture will play a pivotal role in the design, construction and commissioning of:
- Major rail systems in the new twin 15km Sydney Metro tunnels from Chatswood to Sydenham;
- The expansion of the existing Sydney Metro Trains Facility at Rouse Hill and delivery of the new Sydney Metro Trains Facility South at Marrickville; and
- Tunnel ventilation, mechanical and electrical systems for seven underground stations, and power systems for the Sydenham to Bankstown section.
Sydney Metro showcases the capabilities and strength of the Cimic Group, with member companies CPB Contractors, UGL, EIC Activities and Pacific Partnerships all playing key roles in its development, delivery and operations.
CPB Contractors is currently delivering contracts on Sydney Metro City & Southwest and Sydney Metro Northwest, WestConnex M4E and New M5, and UGL’s work includes tunnel fit-outs for the Sydney Metro Northwest and Epping to Chatswood projects.
Source: Hochtief AG
- Sika opens Plant in Guatemala and strengthens Presence in Central America
- Black Coal delivers a QLD Budget in the Black
- Lane (Salini Impregilo) wins two North Carolina Highway Contracts
- Resources surge with renewes Confidence and increased Exploration
- Deutsche Bahn awards first two Contracts for main Construction Works on Munich’s second Trunk Line