Cimic Group’s global mining services provider, Thiess, will continue its long-term relationship with OZ Minerals under a new A$112 million contract to provide stockpile rehandle services at Prominent Hill, near Coober Pedy, South Australia.
Under this five-year contract, Thiess will provide run of mine management, crusher feed and ore rehandling services for the mine.
Cimic Group Chief Executive Officer Michael Wright said: “We’re proud to continue to work with OZ Minerals and the team at Prominent Hill where we’ve been working since 2006. We look forward to delivering on this new contract and continuing to demonstrate Thiess’ capability to provide full life of mine services to its clients.”
Cimic Group Executive Mining and Mineral Processing and Thiess Managing Director Douglas Thompson said: “We’ve developed a strong working relationship with OZ Minerals at Prominent Hill. Since we first began work with the team 12 years ago, we’ve focused on understanding OZ Minerals’ priorities, and have continually challenged ourselves to provide flexible services, delivering operational excellence and long-term value to our client.”
Thiess will begin works in August 2018.
Thiess first started works at the Prominent Hill copper/gold mine in 2006 providing open pit mining services.
Thiess will continue its involvement with local community organisations with a particular focus on engaging and developing Indigenous businesses.
Source: Hochtief AG
- Lane (Salini Impregilo) wins two North Carolina Highway Contracts
- Resources surge with renewes Confidence and increased Exploration
- Deutsche Bahn awards first two Contracts for main Construction Works on Munich’s second Trunk Line
- Investment in increased Capacity at Boliden Rönnskär in Sweden
- Fugro generates Cost Saving with award-winning ROV Deployment Technique