Cimic Group’s global mining services provider, Thiess, has been awarded a A$300 million contract by Kaltim Prima Coal (KPC) to expand operations at Sangatta coal mine in East Kalimantan, Indonesia.
The contract will extend the current life-of-mine contract, increasing coal production at the Melawan pit by 12 million tonnes and overburden removal by 130 million bcm over four years, until December 2021.
Cimic Chief Executive Officer Adolfo Valderas said: “This contract demonstrates Thiess’ long-standing commitment to delivering value to our clients across our global mining platform. I am pleased to see our team continue to grow and prosper in Indonesia, where we have been operating for some 29 years.”
Cimic Group Mining and Minerals Executive and Thiess Managing Director, Douglas Thompson said: “I’m delighted to strengthen our long-term partnership with KPC as we work together to deliver cost-effective outcomes. This expansion builds on our successful history at Sangatta where we have been operating since 2003 and reflects our ability to deliver cost-effective and scalable solutions tailored to our client’s production and expansion needs.”
Source: Hochtief AG
- Fugro supports World Bank Activities on Flood Hazard and Risk Mapping in Romania
- Nornickel Proceeds With Automation and Modernization of Equipment in the Russian Far North
- ABB launches ABB Ability™ Safety Plus for Hoists ensuring the highest Level of Personnel and Equipment Safety
- Orica and Epiroc unveil Prototype System for first Stages of Underground Automation
- GEOKARLSRUHE 2021: Sustainable Earth – from Processes to Resources – Call for Sessions