Cimic Group’s global mining services provider, Thiess, has secured a A$140 million increase to its contract with Glencore for coal mining services at Mt Owen in the Hunter Valley, Australia.
Under the variation, Thiess will mine additional volumes following a new Development Consent obtained by Glencore. Thiess will continue to provide mine planning, design and execution, drill and blast, overburden removal and coal mining services until June 2021 under the amended contract.
Cimic Group Chief Executive Officer Michael Wright said: “This award reinforces Thiess’ longterm commitment to delivering value-add solutions to Glencore at Mount Owen, and further reinforces Thiess’ strong presence in the Hunter Valley where we provide mining services at three mines.”
Cimic Group Executive Mining and Mineral Processing and Thiess Managing Director Douglas Thompson said: “We have a proud history at Mt Owen dating back to 1994 when Thiess first built the mine. Today we continue to provide world-class services focused on safe and productive mining.”
Source: Hochtief AG
- QRC calls for Labor’s Australian Future Mines Centre to be based in Queensland
- Boliden: Mineral Resources and Mineral Reserves, 2018
- Cimic Group's CPB Contractors wins APLNG Gas Works
- QRC welcomes Peabody’s Australian first on rehabilitated mined Land
- World’s first all-in-one wet Processing System to be revealed at bauma