Sogea-Satom (Vinci Construction), in a joint venture with SCB (Société de Construction et de Bâtiment), has been participating since April 2018 in the construction of the Farahantsana hydroelectric dam on the Ikopa River, 30 km to the north-west of the capital, Antananarivo.
It will supply 30 MW of electricity, i.e. about 6% of the power currently available in Madagascar. Involving 400 Sogea-Satom employees, this project notably comprises a run-of-river dam, a sand trap, and a production plant equipped with four turbines. Handover is scheduled for July 2020.
Source: Vinci Construction
- Joining Forces: Hatch and X-Terra sign an MOU to provide comprehensive environmental Solutions to Clients in Saskatchewan
- Canberra answers QRC Calls to hit the Gas for Covid Recovery
- Strabag bolsters Market Position in Czech Railway Construction with new Order
- Geobrugg launches Remote Monitoring Service
- Change of management at BAUER Resources GmbH – Tobias Bangerter to become Managing Director