Sogea-Satom (Vinci Construction), in a joint venture with SCB (Société de Construction et de Bâtiment), has been participating since April 2018 in the construction of the Farahantsana hydroelectric dam on the Ikopa River, 30 km to the north-west of the capital, Antananarivo.
It will supply 30 MW of electricity, i.e. about 6% of the power currently available in Madagascar. Involving 400 Sogea-Satom employees, this project notably comprises a run-of-river dam, a sand trap, and a production plant equipped with four turbines. Handover is scheduled for July 2020.
Source: Vinci Construction
- Bauer Maschinen Group at Bauma in Shanghai: The latest specialist Foundation Engineering Technology for the Asian Market
- Fugro partners on ‘4S’ global Satellite Observation Seafloor mapping Innovation
- Fugro’s innovative Technologies monitor Amsterdam’s Bridges and Quay Walls
- GeoResources Team Wishes You and Your Families a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous 2021
- Glencore enters Partnership with Tre-Altamira to expand Satellite Monitoring across its Tailings Storage Facilities