Sogea-Satom (Vinci Construction), in a joint venture with SCB (Société de Construction et de Bâtiment), has been participating since April 2018 in the construction of the Farahantsana hydroelectric dam on the Ikopa River, 30 km to the north-west of the capital, Antananarivo.
It will supply 30 MW of electricity, i.e. about 6% of the power currently available in Madagascar. Involving 400 Sogea-Satom employees, this project notably comprises a run-of-river dam, a sand trap, and a production plant equipped with four turbines. Handover is scheduled for July 2020.
Source: Vinci Construction
- Wärtsilä Engine Technology will enable Saudi Arabia Mining Site Power Plant to efficiently utilise Solar Energy
- Fugro increases Houston Laboratory advanced Soil Testing Capacity
- ISO Certification of Normet India
- Leading the Industry by Making the System Standard on Hydraulic Excavators introducing “KomVision Human Detection & Collision Mitigation System” to the Japanese Market
- Review: Bauer Maschinen Group at the Conexpo-CON/AGG