Costain, the smart infrastructure solutions company, has appointed Simon Ellison as rail sector director.
In his new role, Simon will be responsible for shaping and expanding the Group’s rail infrastructure delivery expertise to meet the current and future needs of UK rail clients, delivering strategic national infrastructure upgrades, regulatory commitments and essential business performance improvements.
Key focus areas for growth will be digital signalling, electrification programmes, strategic professional services frameworks and technology integration to complement current leading edge complex delivery on stations and rail system upgrade programmes.
Simon is a chartered engineer and Fellow of the Institution of Civil Engineers. He joined Costain in 1997 and has performed several senior leadership roles, most recently, as technology capability director and prior to that as highways sector director.
Ian Parker, managing director, transportation, said: “Throughout his 22 years at Costain, Simon has made a real difference in shaping the UK’s future transport infrastructure, leading numerous infrastructure programmes, sector improvement initiatives and significant sustained business growth. I am excited to welcome Simon back into the transportation leadership team as we expand our business in rail and wish him every success in his new role.”
- Costain announces new Managing Director of its Transportation Division
- Sandvik receives tubular Orders for the Energy Industry
- Genoa’s new Bridge: Work pursues its Course on site strictest Measures adopted for Workers’ Safety
- New Director People and Culture at Beumer Group with headquarter in Germany
- Neuer Director People and Culture bei der Beumer Group