Costain, the smart infrastructure solutions company, has been awarded a contract by Highways England to supply Motorway Incident Detection and Automated Signalling (MIDAS) technology systems to help improve road user safety.
Under the contract, Costain will supply 1500 MIDAS outstation units over a two-year period. MIDAS is the Highways England system which uses road sensors to detect congestion and display messages on signs to alert motorists.
Darren James, managing director, Infrastructure said, “Costain has a strong track record of supplying this technology to our client, having previously supplied MIDAS units for installation on the M1, M5 and M6. Technology is playing an important role in improving the driving experience for motorists on the UK highways network and our technology teams are playing an integral role in this.”
The systems will be supplied from Costain’s technology centre in Yatton, Somerset.
- Cimic's Thiess awarded Prominent Hill Contract
- Epiroc wins Order from Cormidom in Dominican Republic to boost Mining Operation
- Cimic's CPB Contractors preferred for Metro Tunnel works in Australia
- Elkuch Bator AG Switzerland and ATA Hill & Smith AB Sweden cooperate
- Fugro wins Pre-construction Site Investigation for HS2’s Chilterns Tunnel and Colne Valley Viaduct in UK