Simon Ellison has been appointed as Costain’s Highways England client director and will be responsible for maintaining and developing the relationship of our longstanding client.
A chartered engineer and Fellow of the Institution of Civil Engineers, Simon joined Costain in 1997 and has held several senior leadership roles including highways sector director.
Commenting on the appointment, Simon said,” Highways England plays a vital role in connecting and supporting our growing economy and I‘m delighted to be working more closely with them again to deliver, safer, faster, greener and more efficient transportation projects and services.”
Simon has a proven track record with Highways England, shaping and delivering some of the largest and most challenging UK infrastructure schemes including the £1.5bn upgrade of the A14 in Cambridgeshire which was delivered six months ahead of schedule.
He also led Costain’s involvement in the pioneering A2M2 Connected Corridor Testbed project which delivered the UK’s first connected corridor for the EuropeanTestFest trial, a key catalyst in accelerating connected automated mobility and smarter infrastructure solutions to market.
Sue Kershaw, managing director of Costain’s transportation division said, “Simon has made a real difference in shaping the UK’s future transport infrastructure, leading numerous infrastructure programmes at Costain. I am delighted that he will be continuing to build on our already strong alliance with Highways England.”
- Strabag Upgrading last single-track Section of Railway along the TEN-T Network in Hungary
- Webuild and Lane Construction in $16 billion mega High-Speed Rail Contract with Texas Central
- Strabag building Bypass Road S12 in Poland
- Implenia wins sustainable Mobility Project in northern Italy: Construction of Fortezza-Ponte Gardena Railway Worth EUR 1.07B
- Outokumpu appoints Tamara Weinert as President of Business Area Americas