Eldorado Gold Corporation, announces a maiden resource estimate for the recently-discovered Ormaque deposit near its Lamaque operations (Figure 1) in Quebec. Inferred Mineral Resources total 2,620,000 tonnes at a grade of 9.53 grams per tonne gold, for 803,000 ounces of contained gold.
“This early exploration success at Ormaque highlights the outstanding growth potential at Lamaque,” said George Burns, President and CEO. “The short time frame from initial discovery to maiden inferred resource is a testament to the drive of our team and the strong exploration potential within our land package in the Abitibi Greenstone Belt. The strike continuity, vein orientation and dimensions of the Ormaque deposit exhibit important similarities to parts of the nearby historically mined Sigma deposit and Mine #2. It is ideally positioned along the ore haulage decline now under construction connecting the Lamaque-Triangle Mine with the Sigma Mill. Our focus in 2021 is on in-fill and expansion drilling as the deposit remains open in multiple directions. We are encouraged by these positive results and look forward to further work to determine the ultimate scale of this exciting early stage project.
“Taken together with our recently-announced friendly transaction to acquire QMX, Eldorado is well-positioned in Quebec to create additional value for our stakeholders.”
Source: Eldorado Gold
- Vale informs on Ratification of collective Bargaining Agreement in Sudbury in Canada
- Fugro wins multi-year Contract to build new Pavement Management System for Manitoba in Canada
- Normet Group Oy and Hindustan Zinc Limited signed a MoU to deploy battery-powered Service Equipment and Utility Vehicle in their Underground Mining
- K+S once again raises Earnings Outlook for 2021
- Sale of Red Hill Iron Ore Joint Venture Interest to Mineral Resources Limited Subsidiary