Epiroc, a leading productivity partner for the mining and infrastructure industries, has won a large order from construction company Züblin International GmbH Chile Spa for equipment that will be used to expand the El Teniente mine in Chile.
Züblin International GmbH Chile has ordered multiple drill rigs and loaders for use in the El Teniente underground copper mine in central Chile. Epiroc’s state-of-the-art equipment will ensure high productivity and safe operation as the mine will be deepened, extending its lifespan by an estimated 50 years. The order totals approximately SEK 135 million (EUR 12.7 million).and was placed in the second quarter 2019.
“We are proud to play a vital role as the El Teniente mine is expanded and gets to thrive for many more years in a productive and safe manner,” said Helena Hedblom, Epiroc’s Senior Executive Vice President Mining and Infrastructure.
“Epiroc has been able to put together a comprehensive offer that includes not just equipment but also service support and in-depth training,” said Dirk Pförtner, Commercial Managing Director at Strabag Spa Chile.
Züblin International GmbH Chile belongs to European-based construction services company Strabag Group. It is a contractor for Codelco, the Chilean state-owned mining company and the world’s largest copper producer. El Teniente is Codelco’s largest mine.
The order includes different models of the Boomer face drilling rig, Simba production drilling rig and Scooptram loader, as well as on-site technical support. The machines will be equipped with the Epiroc telematics system Certiq, allowing automated and intelligent monitoring of productivity and machine performance. Delivery has started and will take place through early 2020.
- Fugro supports World Bank Activities on Flood Hazard and Risk Mapping in Romania
- Nornickel Proceeds With Automation and Modernization of Equipment in the Russian Far North
- ABB launches ABB Ability™ Safety Plus for Hoists ensuring the highest Level of Personnel and Equipment Safety
- Orica and Epiroc unveil Prototype System for first Stages of Underground Automation
- GEOKARLSRUHE 2021: Sustainable Earth – from Processes to Resources – Call for Sessions