Epiroc, a leading productivity and sustainability partner for the mining and infrastructure industries, has won a large order for surface mining equipment from Iamgold Corp. in Canada that will optimize safety and productivity through advanced automation. The machines will be used in production at a greenfield gold mine currently under construction.
Iamgold has ordered several Pit Viper 231 and Smartroc D65 drill rigs for use at Côté Gold in Ontario, Canada, an open pit gold mine that is currently under construction and expected to start production in the second half of 2023. The Pit Vipers will be fully autonomous. The Smartroc D65 rigs are prepared for remote operation.
The order is valued at approximately MSEK 130 and was booked in the third quarter 2021.
“Iamgold, a returning Epiroc customer, is taking safety, sustainability and productivity extremely seriously,” says Epiroc’s President and CEO Helena Hedblom. "As Iamgold is preparing a new exciting mine project, we are proud to contribute to their success with our advanced machines and solutions for autonomous operation.”
The Pit Viper 231 and Smartroc D65 surface drill rigs are built to face the toughest conditions while optimizing productivity, safety and fuel efficiency. Advanced features include Epiroc’s telematics system Certiq, which allows for automated and intelligent monitoring of productivity and machine performance.
- Skanska: additional Award towards Works on the high-speed Railway HS2 in UK
- Fugro partners with EMODnet to advance Ocean Sustainability in Europe
- IWiM hosts successful inaugural International Day of Women in Mining
- More Illumination per Watt – Continental to offer NightViu premium Lighting for the off-highway Sector
- First Nations’ Talent shines at State Mining Awards