The contractor consortium FLC has completed a full-scale trail casting of a segment of a tunnel element at the construction site at Rødbyhavn.
To ensure a service life of at least 120 years for the upcoming 18km immersed tunnel between Lolland and Fehmarn, the quality of the tunnel elements has to be second to none.
To this end the contractor consortium, Femern Link Contractors, FLC, has produced a full-scale model of part of a segment comprising 1½ train tunnel tube 12m long. The trial casting lasting 30 hours was then carried out under realistic conditions.
An additional two full-scale trial castings are planned to be done. The main purpose of the full-scale trial casts is to test the process, materials and techniques, as well as gain vital experience prior to actual casting, which begins at the end of the year.
Source: Femern A/S
- Construction Work starts in August on 83km of Railway Lines in Southern Italy
- Maverick Environmental Equipment is new Superior Dealer in Ohio
- First cargo Vessel calls at the Fehmarnbelt Project’s Work Harbour
- Changing the Face of Construction: EDI Report shows HS2 continues to lead by Example
- Full Steam ahead on Sydney Metro West