On Monday 30 May, Femern A/S and SICE-COBRA have signed the contract for the important task of equipping the Fehmarnbelt tunnel with advanced electro-mechanical installations and technology.
The contract has a value of around DKK 4 billion and covers, among other things, ventilation, lighting and safety systems in the 18 km tunnel between Denmark and Germany. The contract puts special emphasis on energy-efficient solutions and installations adapted to the green technologies of the future.
The SICE-COBRA consortium comprises companies from Spain, USA, Sweden, New Zealand and Australia.
"Today we have formally entered into the important contract for the Fehmarnbelt tunnel installations. The contract is crucial for us to be able to deliver the finished tunnel, powered by sustainable energy and with energy-efficient installations, by 2029. SICE-COBRA brings substantial international experience and expertise from other construction projects, and we look forward to working with the consortium to find the best possible solutions,” says Henrik Vincentsen, CEO of Femern A/S.
SICE-COBRA has won various contracts in the Nordic countries in recent years. In Sweden, it has contracts for the “Stockholm, Bypass” motorway, the northern and southern extensions of the Stockholm Metro, and the Tingstad tunnel in Gothenburg. Last year in Norway, it won the contract to implement the electro-mechanical installations along 23 km of motorway between Ranheim and Værnes, including a total of 15 km of tunnels.
In a statement released after the signing of the Fehmarnbelt tunnel contract the consortium announced that “SICE-COBRA is proud to be part of one of the most iconic infrastructure projects in Europe.”
As with the other major contracts on the Fehmarnbelt project, the consortium is expected to use a large number of sub-contractors. The consortium is also required to take on apprentices.
- Sociedad Ibérica de Construcciones Eléctricas, S.A. (SICE), Spain
- SICE Tecnología y Sistemas, S.A., Spain
- Cobra Instalaciones y Servicios S.A., Spain
- Moncobra, S.A., Spain
- Cobra Instalaciones y Servicios Internacional, S.L., Spain
- SICE Inc., USA
- SICE Nordics AB, Sweden
- SICE NZ Ltd., New Zealand
- SICE PTY Ltd., Australia
Source: Femern A/S
- Metso Outotec collaborates with Dynamox on introducing advanced digital Solutions for Condition Monitoring
- HS2 starts Work on first pioneering ‘Green Tunnel’
- Topping out Ceremony for the Fehmarnbelt Link’s Tunnel Factory
- Strabag Subsidiary Züblin receives Orders worth more than € 280 Million in Chile
- Sotkamo Silver: new Mining Contractor to the Silver Mine