During last night a fire occurred in the building for primary crushing in Boliden´s mine Kevitsa, located in Finnish Lappland.
No person were injured and the extinguishing work are now completed. The damages are extensive and investigations are initiated with the aim of assessing which actions are necessary to resume operations. As a result, production at the concentrating plant are halted until further notice, mining production is unaffected.
Boliden is a metals company with a focus on sustainable development. Our roots are Nordic, our market global. Our core competence lies within the fields of exploration, mining, smelting and metal recycling. Boliden has around 6,000 employees and an annual turnover of SEK 50 billion.
- Norilsk Nickel Joins Responsible Sourcing Blockchain Network
- Pharmaceutical Salt – Transportation Medium for the Corona Vaccine
- Resources sector pulls out all Stops to keep regions Covid-safe: QRC
- Nominations for the Hatch–CIM Mining and Minerals Project Development Safety Award are open!
- Superior teams with EESSCO to supply Aggregate Equipment in New England