Shipment of 500 thousand units has arrived today at the airport of Guarulhos
The first batch with 5 million rapid test kits for the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2), acquired by Vale, has arrived in Brazil this Monday (March 30). The shipment of 500 thousand units, from China, arrived at the International Airport of Guarulhos (São Paulo). The remaining 4.5 million units will be delivered by the supplier in April.
The kits were transported in 417 boxes, totaling 6.3 tons, from Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport, in the Chinese province of Guangdong, at dawn on Sunday (March 29).
The test - produced by the Chinese company Wondfo - is registered at the National Health Surveillance Agency (Anvisa, Agência Nacional de Vigilância Sanitária) and can present a result in just 15 minutes. The kits acquired by Vale will be donated to the Brazilian government, which will take care of the distribution logistics in the country.
"We are very pleased to see the arrival of the first batch of test kits from China. Vale offers this help to the Brazilian society at a time when the country is united for the health and safety of people. We are using our logistics network in Asia to bring inputs to Brazil that can make a difference in people's lives", says Vale's CEO, Eduardo Bartolomeo.
- Endeavour Shareholders vote Nearly 100% in Favour of Semafo Acquisition
- Fire in Crushing Station at Boliden Kevitsa
- LKAB produces Apatite from Mine Waste in a new Pilot Plant
- Petropavlovsk: Retirement of Chairman - Board Changes
- Solution Partner - SIEMAG TECBERG GmbH partners with SIEMENS AG for Automation and Drive Technology