Hampton Roads Connector Partners include Flatiron Construction, Dragados USA, and Vinci Construction
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) announced that it has selected Hampton Roads Connector Partners (HRCP) for the construction of the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel (HRBT) Expansion Project valued at $3.3 billion. The HRCP joint venture team includes Flatiron Construction Corp., Dragados USA, and Vinci Construction.
As referenced in the Governor’s announcement, the project will add two new 1.5 miles long two-lane twin tunnels and 2 miles long new marine approach bridges across the Hampton Harbor. It will also widen the four-lane sections of Interstate 64 in Hampton between Settlers Landing Road and the Phoebus shoreline, as well as the four-lane section of I-64 in Norfolk between the Willoughby shoreline and the I-564 interchange. More than 100,000 vehicles currently use this facility during peak travel periods.
“The scope of the project combined with the expertise of our joint venture partners will forever change the way these southeastern Virginia cities connect. We are honored to be part of this historic project,” said Javier Sevilla, Flatiron President & Chief Operating Officer.
The contract is expected to be executed in April 2019 with construction expected to conclude in 2025.
Source: Hochtief AG
- Orica announces strong Performance in a Covid-19 Environment
- Hochtief listed in Dow Jones Sustainability Index for the 15th Time
- Hochtief zum 15. Mal in Folge im Dow Jones Sustainability Index gelistet
- Strabag awarded two major Contracts for Flood Protection Dams in Oman
- Strabag to upgrade an approx. 55 km long Railway Line in Hungary