Construction on I-405, Renton to Bellevue Widening and Express Toll Lanes expected to begin in 2020
Flatiron has executed a Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) contract for the $705M I-405, Renton to Bellevue Widening and Express Toll Lanes project. Flatiron West, Inc., a subsidiary of Flatiron Construction Corp., is the lead partner in a joint venture with The Lane Construction Corporation.
This project, the second I-405 project for Flatiron, will widen the highway and install dual express toll lanes between State Route 167 in Renton and NE 6th Street in Bellevue, Washington.
WSDOT expects to issue its Notice to Proceed soon, with actual construction getting underway early next year. The project is expected to be completed by 2024.
“This project represents our continued commitment to improving infrastructure across Washington and to providing rewarding careers and job opportunities to the local community,” said Richard Grabinski, Executive Vice President and Deputy Chief Operating Officer.
Source: Hochtief AG
- Fugro awarded large geotechnical Investigation to support Hong Kong International Airport Expansion
- Appointment of new CEO of Endomines AB
- Salini Impregilo and Astaldi in Mobilinx Consortium awarded Construction Contract for Hurontario Light Rail Transit Project in Canada
- Skanska builds Foundation for Submarine Manufacturing Facility in Connecticut, USA
- Salini Impregilo enters Norway: Group wins Railway Contract