Construction on I-405, Renton to Bellevue Widening and Express Toll Lanes expected to begin in 2020
Flatiron has executed a Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) contract for the $705M I-405, Renton to Bellevue Widening and Express Toll Lanes project. Flatiron West, Inc., a subsidiary of Flatiron Construction Corp., is the lead partner in a joint venture with The Lane Construction Corporation.
This project, the second I-405 project for Flatiron, will widen the highway and install dual express toll lanes between State Route 167 in Renton and NE 6th Street in Bellevue, Washington.
WSDOT expects to issue its Notice to Proceed soon, with actual construction getting underway early next year. The project is expected to be completed by 2024.
“This project represents our continued commitment to improving infrastructure across Washington and to providing rewarding careers and job opportunities to the local community,” said Richard Grabinski, Executive Vice President and Deputy Chief Operating Officer.
Source: Hochtief AG
- Evergreen Tractor & Kimball Equipment team up to represent Superior in Northwest U.S.
- Skanska builds the South Coast Rail expansion, Fall River Secondary Line in MA, USA
- Skanska builds new Bridge in Trondheim, Norway
- Webuild’s Mobilinx Consortium wins Award for Hurontario Project in Canada
- Balfour Beatty Vinci and Walsall College offer new T-Level Qualification and Opportunity to work on HS2 in UK