FLSmidth, in a consortium with Six Construct, has received an order from Qatar Primary Materials Co. (QPMC). The order value for FLSmidth is approximately EUR 140m (DKK 1bn) and covers supply of conveying and stacking systems for the Gabbro terminal expansion located in Mesaieed Industrial City, approximately 35 km south of Doha, the capital of Qatar.
The scope of supply includes a large high capacity conveying system, a complete integrated instrumentation and control system, complete stockyard equipment including six stackers and all electrical equipment and an advanced stockyard and truck management system as well as training of client staff. The installation of the conveying systems will reduce the environmental impact caused by the current transportation system, while the FLSmidth automated stockyard management system will allow for an increased and optimised throughput of the terminal. This will significantly improve the efficiency of the system.
The complete system will have a capacity of 30 million tonnes of building materials per year.
"This award shows the strength embedded in the whole FLSmidth Group. Utilising the combined global Group capabilities within for instance technology, project management and plant management, gives us a very strong market position. Furthermore, the customer keeps a strong focus on health and safety and environmental issues in its operation - areas which FLSmidth's material handling equipment addresses," Group Executive Vice President Carsten R. Lund comments."
- Innovative and practical: New features introduced by RTG Rammtechnik GmbH set Standards for Sheet Pile Wall Construction
- Superior teams with EESSCO to supply Aggregate Equipment in New England
- Metso Outotec delivers Flotation Technology to GTK’s Pilot Plant
- Metso Outotec reaches Milestone of 100 Life Cycle Services Contracts for Aggregates Customers in India
- Haver & Boecker Niagara finds Eccentric Vibrating Screens paired with Polyurethane Media offers Production-boosting Advantages