FLSmidth has signed a five-year maintenance contract with the Chilean copper producer Minera Doña Ines de Collahuasi for the supply of maintenance services for their copper plant in Chile.
The plant is located in the Andes mountains, 3.500 to 4.000 meters above sea level, close to the Chilean-Bolivian border. The plant has a capacity of more than 140.000 tonnes of processed rock per day.
The order covers supply of maintenance services of three production lines of the concentrator plant as well as of the tailings and pipeline areas. The staff required for the maintenance services is approximately 190 people.
"Service is a strategic growth lever for FLSmidth. We build long-term partnerships with key customers by bringing best in class knowhow and world leading expertise to maximize their productivity and return on assets, while maintaining the highest safety standards," says Group Executive Vice President, Customer Services Division Brian Day.
In May 2015, FLSmidth was awarded four prizes by the Chilean National Safety Council for outstanding safety achievements in several contracts. The most spectacular award is the one for 15 years without lost time injuries achieved in the Puerto Punta Chungo contract with Minera Los Pelambres.
The order will be booked gradually by the Customer Services Division and contribute beneficially to FLSmidth's order intake, revenue and earnings until mid-2020.
- Why women are leaving the Mining Industry and what Mining Companies can do about it
- Metso Outotec to supply Copper Solvent Extraction and electrowinning Technology to US
- Hatch announces new Membership with Propulsion Québec
- Ore Reserves of Keliber’s largest Lithium Deposit increased by 55 Percent
- Glencore announces Appointment of independent Director